Friday, May 23, 2008

Relaxing

That has been the theme of the week. Robin's sister Meryl is in town and we have all had lots of quality hang out time. We've played lots of cards, drank lots of wine and beer, and ate some really good meals.

My legs were super tired from all the dirty centuries and group rides of late, so this week I relaxed on the bike, too. On Tuesday's group ride I turned around after an hour so I could spin home on my own. And on Wednesday I did a very slow reservoir loop and was lucky enough to run into Steve and Cody at the end. They invited me over for a beer and I could not refuse. We talked about many scary bike moments, good books, and of course, the fast approaching Dirty Kanza. I think I'm feeling ready, and I hope all of this rest will do me good. Unfortunately, the bike is not ready. But hopefully before the weekend is over it will be.

Today it was wet in the morning and dry and cool in the afternoon. I wanted to get out for another easy spin after work, but instead I took a nice long nap on the couch. But I guess that is good for recovery, too.

Tomorrow we go to Chicago to take Meryl to the airport and celebrate my Dad's birthday. So I have at least a couple more relaxing days ahead of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any news on the guy that took a swing at you? tell meryl "hi" for me.