Thursday, April 16, 2009

9th

On this beautiful Thursday morning, at about 7:45, I was surprised to see that I was the ninth cyclist rolling down College St. toward downtown, work, school, or wherever. I know part of this is certainly due to the fact that spring seems sprung, but I also hope last night's highly successful bike rally in Des Moines was a part of it, too.

I am sorry I missed it. It is not everyday you get to ride down a street with 8 other bike strangers, but it is even more rare to do so with 500+ riders. Hopefully there are more to come, but hopefully the need for such rallies does not increase. In the meantime I'll keep living the daily bike life here in Iowa City.

For the cyclist's perspective on the Des Moines Rally (since the normal media is not doing much to cover this) check out the write up at 30th Century Cycles.

No comments: