Saturday, April 14, 2007

One Week Anniversary

Not a big milestone by any means, but I'm really surprised so many of you have come, most of you more than once too. So that is great. In the near future posts will appear more frequently. I don't know why I started this during the end of the semester, well, who am I kidding really? I procrastinate, simple as that.

But today I got some work done. Outlined things for a paper. Read descent sized chunks from two novels. And I even managed to write a short paper about Fitzgerald and bicycles. I will share a few of the more interesting quotes.

Of Dick Diver, "At the Glion funicular he checked his bicycle and took a small beer on the terrace of the station buffet."

And, "That he bicycled a lot, was much admired by the ladies."

Ah, trains, beer, and bikes in the Swiss Alps. Very nice.

Tonight, we have beer and margaritas in honor of my sister Jen's visit. If you are in the neighborhood, stop by.

Oh, and how could I forget? Tomorrow is Paris-Roubaix. The Hell of the North. I'm sticking with De Ronde as my favorite for now, but this is a close second. No other race breaks more bodies or bikes. So don't miss it.

No comments: