Monday, August 6, 2007

The Post Where I Get Soft Things and Announce Silly Intentions

Sorry for my lack of posts. For the most part my life has not been post-worthy. I doubt many of you are interested in the fact that we got new pillows for the couch (though they are really soft and cushy) or that I got a new bath towel (also soft). And yes, those are the highlights.

I have been doing a better job of riding my bike though. Over my four day weekend I managed to ride three days. I can't remember the last time I rode three out of four days, it might go back to Spring Break in Az. Anyways the new tires are really great. They do not offer the gravel traction that I hoped they might, but that is alright. They work well off pavement so long as the gravel is not fresh and loose. And they are a dream to ride on the road. Very sticky rubber, a wide and plush footprint, and they are light. For the protection they offer I can't believe how light they are. So they are definite keepers.

Today and tomorrow are my last days at the bike shop and I'm looking forward to being done. I like the shop, and I like the people I work with, but it can be hard to be around bikes all the time but not have time to ride. So now I will have a few weeks before school stuff really starts to get back into the pretty good shape that I was in this May/June. And while I do not know my teaching schedule yet, there is a good chance that I will have three day weekends and can use one of those days for a very long bike ride. This will help my sanity. And it will also help me prepare for the somewhat difficult and silly task of riding a double century. I am still a little bummed that I missed the big ride with the Eppens earlier this summer, so I'm going to shoot for a late September or early October double. Maybe by informing you of my intentions they will actually happen (it worked for Robin and her novel). And this way if any of you would like to come along you are welcome too.

No comments: