Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bike Goodies


The QBP order came in at the shop today and that included a few new things for both Robin's townie and my Surly. Robin has been patiently waiting for me to get her a new seatpost and is thinking about a possible bar tape switch to blue or tan. My Surly is getting some tan bar tape (over the existing black, of course) and some new tires, Continental 4 Seasons in 28mm. They look pretty beefy and could be the perfect in between tire that will function well on both gravel roads and asphalt. I also got a very stylish Salsa Cro-Moto stem in 100mm. It's zero degree rise and shorter length should bring the bars a wee bit closer to me and end some of the stretchy feeling I've experienced in my back and shoulders the past couple weeks.

The order also included some CO-two cartridges, a box of spare tubes, and a front derailleur clamp. I've only got another week to decide if there is anything else that I should get. I'm feeling pretty satisfied at the moment, but I also think a Brooks B-17 would look quite nice on the Pacer. But we'll see. If I get too much at once, then I wont have exciting things to look forward too later.

No comments: