Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Labor of Love

Robin has been producing some fine jewelry in her basement studio lately. One year ago she promised our friends Autumn and Efrain matching silver bracelets for their one year wedding anniversary.

For practice, and because she loves me, she made a silver bracelet for me. I have never been one to wear jewelry. There has been no real reason for this, other than perhaps because I did not have any. A little over a year ago, though, Robin gave me a jade stone in the shape of an infinity knot. I have not taken it off since. A little while before that, she made a silver bracelet for her brother, Jesse. Like my necklace, he does not take it off. So when Robin said she wanted to make me one, I was very excited. And I'm also excited with the outcome.

This is not the greatest photo (too much shadow and shine), but it gives you an idea of what it looks like. Plus, it is not completely finished. It needs a little more sanding and TLC. But Robin and I were too excited to wait, and on Thursday she shaped it for me. I find it quite comfortable, even for riding around town on my bike. I'm not sure if it will be a permanent fixture upon my wrist (I neglected to wear it on my ride today), but I imagine it will be there more often than not.

1 comment:

gpickle said...

The tan will get even more complex!