Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Night Threesome

Robin and I decided to go visit Steen after work today. She normally goes during the day when I'm at work, and I usually tag along on a Sunday here and there. But tonight we decided to have a relaxing Friday night ride and hoped we would have the place to ourselves. And we did. Not a person in sight, just a few little Japanese Chins.

This was my first real ride in the outdoor arena, and it was pretty fun. Steen was OK with having me on his back as long as he got to do some inconsistent figure eights close to the herd. After awhile he got used to me and then explored some more.

Robin rode after I did. She is much faster than me.

Someday I will get faster, too. Tonight I held back, though, for tomorrow is the fall ride of rides to Amana and the brewery. It should be fun and a little bit painful. Hopefully the Iowa Pale Ale will help dull pain on the way back to town.

No comments: