Thursday, December 18, 2008

1 to 7?

This is the range of ice and/or snow that we could get tonight. I find it simultaneously frustrating and comforting that no one really knows anything when it comes to weather.

Last night I got an easy ski in with Steve. They had groomed the snow out at Ashton, which made for some iffy conditions on the classic skis. Still, we figure at least ten people were out skiing on it yesterday, one with quite the headlamp.

So now it is a very packed down course with a little bit of grass and some sporadic dirt mounds. Local groomer Wayne F. says that it should help us keep a nice base up regardless of what falls from the sky tonight. Lets hope he is right, because the Iowa City Cross Country Ski Time Trials are abrewin and should happen soon, so we need our snow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian,

I have been to Ashton 3 days in a row. My legs and one of my toes are busted. Today I rest, but tomorrow, I hope to ski--if my car can make it. Call me if you plan to ski classic. The conditions of the last few days improved my iceskiing skills. It is now 2:16 on Saturday, I am done grading for the semester, and we have about an inch of fresh. A few more would be nice.

Sean

Brian said...

Sean,

Glad to hear you are skiing; I hope it has continued. Sorry for the late reply, but I've been in Arizona for awhile and been avoiding all forms of technology. We'll be back in January, hopefully the snow is still there.

b