Saturday, December 13, 2008

Now Just Waning

Both the moon and the snow. And I couldn't even get a shot of the full moon rising because of the thick snowless clouds.


I went back out to Ashton for some skiing Friday evening. Since it has been so cold lately the conditions were rather unchanged from Tuesday. Part of the tracks on the upper west side had some more grass poking through, but the other side of the trail offered some decent coverage.

Still, I spent most of my time on the south end of the course working on my double poling. Occasionally I could get some kick, but I pretty much had to time that perfectly and get a little lucky.

Today and tomorrow are supposed to be quite warm with some non-snow precip, so we will not be skiing for a little while. I think next week I'll either suffer through some frigid townie rides or possibly set up the rollers in the basement.

Because tomorrow there will only be grass.

No comments: