Monday, March 8, 2010

Free Burgers and Beer

After a lovely weekend with my parents visiting, Robin and I went for a walk to the library and grocery store on a cloudy but relatively warm Sunday afternoon. On the way we found 30 dollars in the street. We didn't really know what to do with it at first, as anyone could feasibly claim it was theirs. And with no one really about, we decided to go out for happy hour.

Our intentions were to go to the Sanctuary, which we have not visited in some time. But they are closed on Sunday. So on to Orchard Green we went. They had a new (to us, at least) Belgian Blonde on tap. I forget the name of it, but I know it starts with an "A" and it is yummy. I recommend.

Even though we stopped at the store for food we decided to save that for Monday and stay for burgers, they were practically free afterall. We left the bar in a happy haze. Kind of like how I felt in the photo below, except the tippsyness came shortly thereafter.

2 comments:

gpickle said...

Wow! $30 in the street! I lost $30 at a Caseys in Kansas once, maybe that $30 was mine! It coulda been carried by a bird! Or the wind! Or a farmer! Or maybe YOU took it Brian, and just kept it hidden and finally thought enough time had passed that you could use it! But I'm onto you, buddy, even moving your blog can not save you! I feel like I should stop this now, but I am having trouble coming up with a good conclusion! Anyone have any suggestions!?! If I could just stop exclaiming!

Brian said...

I remember that fateful day in Kansas, and I hope you get your 30 dollars back. With interest, too. If that 30 dollars blew its way to Iowa in 2 years with a reasonable 4 percent growth, you should be looking for around 32.50. I'm sure it's out there.

We'll have to drink beer soon to celebrate this nice weather.