Friday, May 11, 2007

Good Beer Kharma

I finished my last paper this afternoon. It was a good feeling. I savored that feeling as I slowly rode through the densely treed streets on my way to school. In the gutter I noticed a beer bottle. A common site in a university town at the end of finals week. My first thought was something along the lines of disliking stupid people who litter, my second thought was 'oh, that is a New Belgium bottle.' I used to drink New Belgium beers all the time in Flagstaff. You don't see them much in the Midwest and I miss them.

While I was rolling past the trash and waxing nostalgic about past drinking experiences I then noticed that the bottle had a bottle cap on it. I figured it was worth investigating further, and much to my delight I found the bottle of 1554 to be full. It was rather hot, but a little time in the freezer would get it ready in time for happy hour.

Robin and I split it and it was delicious. Tonight we are meeting some friends to go cruise around town on bikes, eat Mexican food, and drink beer and/or margaritas. Cheers.

No comments: