Sunday, July 1, 2007

Of Crashes and Titanium


The bike is all together now. I'm quite pleased with both the look and the ride. The stem I have on it now is not ideal, so I'll have to play around with that a bit. And I'll most likely get some wider, squishier tires, but other than that, it is great. I took it out on its maiden voyage last Thursday. It was a beautiful and cool evening. The bike felt great. Very smooth. I noticed an immediate difference over the aluminum. Unfortunately the ride was cut a tad short by a little mishap between Robin and I. The short version is that I stayed up and she needs a new helmet.


There were a few moments of disorientation and short term memory loss for her, but we got home alright. And aside from a few small scabs and a little bruising on her hip, she is just fine.

I have not been able to get back on the new pacer since then because we are now in Arizona for a week. They are having some slightly higher than normal temperatures, but it isn't too bad. The mornings and evenings are beautiful, and the Stephens allow me to use their spare Titus on all the trails that surround their house. It is quite nice. The full squish titanium frame and XTR components take some getting used to after riding the rigid 1x1, but they both have red stems, so that makes the transition a little smoother.

No comments: