Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hooky

-noun. unjustifiable absence from school, work, etc. (usually used in the phrase play hooky): On the first warm spring day the boys played hooky to go fishing.

Well it was not exactly warm, but it was sunny, so I played hooky. There is certainly more to it than that, but I will just say that I was not mentally ready for class and I really wanted to ride my bike. So I skipped and went for another reservoir loop. It was extremely windy and I think I can say that it was the first cold ride of the year for me. I had my snuggly long underwear top under my new Don't Quit Your Day Job fleece lined long sleeved jersey. The combo worked great for the chill and wind. The legs felt great on the ride and they continue to feel better about my plans to ride more.

Unfortunately, I was not as productive this afternoon as I told myself I was going to be. But that happens. On the plus side I voted and went to the bank and the grocery store. The Co-Op had a new New Belgium beer there that I had never seen. So I bought it. It is yummy. Though I find it a little bit misleading. The packaging and name make it look like a true red ale, yet it is quite hoppy and reminds me more of the hearty hoppy ales that come out during the winter. It is still good, perhaps partly because it is actually cold out now, I just don't think it should have this picture on the label:


And as promised, here are some pictures of the new non-team kit. Pretty outstandingly ugly, but in a stylish way. Unfortunately for me though, these bib shorts are the only piece of medium sized cycling clothes in existence that do not fit me. Robin got an extra pair of them because of this and you possibly could too. If they look cool to you (and you are perhaps 5' 9" or less), drop me a line and we'll see if we can work something out. But enough about the size issues, here is the style:


Oh, and if you are reading this Mr. Stewart, first I would ask why? But then I would say I'm sorry; sometimes you just have to skip class. At least I haven't skipped yet this semester.

No comments: