Sunday, November 18, 2007

Super Social Weekend

This was a people intensive weekend that involved no reading or writing. It also involved no bike rides, but I'm hoping that accompanying Steve on one of his hundred mile gravel road rides tomorrow will make up for it.

My sister Jen was visiting for the weekend. She teaches math to highschoolers in the Chicago burbs. For the most part she had a very relaxing visit. Saturday morning she borrowed Robin's singlespeed and we rolled over to Hickory Hill Park. She ran and I walked around. It was a beautiful late morning. Cool and crisp with lots of leaves on the trails. I wish I brought a camera.

Later that night we went out for Thai food and then had a few friends over for beer and silly games and conversation. We also pulled the hookah out. It was quite nice, but then we had a hose mishap and some coals fell to the carpet. It got a little singed, so this morning we went out and got a new piece of carpet. Now we have a hookah party piece of carpet.

And then this afternoon we had a somewhat surprising visit from my old college roommate Chad and his fiance Cara. It was fun to catch up; I had not seen them in over four years. We hung around and had some more nice conversation.

I was going to grade this afternoon, but I think I will stay home and have a nice hot cup of tea and watch the dreary drizzle outside.

No comments: