Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coming into Some Form

This morning I woke up with a crazy allergy/sinus headache and the sound of our windows rattling as a rather large thunderstorm passed over us. The rain ended shortly thereafter, and with some coffee, breakfast, and a short spin to class I was feeling better too.

The rest of the day was downright gorgeous. We have now had three days in a row of beautiful, sunny, warm, low wind days. So it was no surprise, then, that tonight was the biggest group ride of the year. A long string of us in shorts and short sleeved jerseys headed south and west of town for the Fry Town loop. It was quite controlled early on and there were some frustrations in a few riders as no one seemed to want to play. But after some persuading from Hopson we got it going.

I did my best to stay near the front and take my pulls. Unfortunately, after one big stop ahead sprint I got gapped off with Duethman. We chased hard and had the group in sight the whole way down Black Diamond Rd. So I didn't quite make it with the group, but a lot of people were behind me, and two days after my dirty century I am feeling rather pleased with my ride.

1 comment:

gpickle said...

Slick as my soon to be bald again head! I called you and left a message but I am covering all bases, you wanna ride to Amana for beer on Saturday?