Monday, April 28, 2008

A Tisket, A Tasket . . .

My town bike has a basket.

After ordering the thing many months ago, I finally made it into the shop to pick it up. It is a great size (will hold almost exactly 12 bottles of beer) and is also fairly light. Of course, that means I shouldn't load it up too heavily, but I think it will be just perfect for those shopping trips where I can't quite fit all of my items into my messenger bag. Also, the front end of the Kuwahara is not exactly designed to bear a lot of weight, but as long as I drink most of the beer after the ride I should be alright.

While the beer bottles look nice in the basket, they might not be the best thing to put up there. They were a little on the bouncy side. In the upcoming weeks I'll experiment with using the nylon grocery bag I carry around and putting the normal food items up there and the liquids on my back. I think they will be easier to secure.

Back to the beer now. Even though it is almost May, today was around 40 degrees with a stiff northwest wind and semi-frequent flurries. I thought the stout season came to an end a few weeks ago, but I figured I might as well sneak a few more in before moving on to the crisp and refreshing pale ales and pilsners. Cheers.

1 comment:

gpickle said...

Well Brian you are full of surprises! If you want to load that thing up and ride over to Bike Night tomorrow let me know, Kenny is fresh back from the land of juicy peaches and stage racing and should have some fine stories to tell.