Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Am One Year Old Today!

Booksbikesbeer has been around for a year. And a good year it has been. Books were read (though I didn't write much about too many of them), bikes were ridden, and beers were drunk.

I decided to celebrate by sleeping in a little bit and then enjoying some nice coffee while reading the live updates from de Ronde Van Vlaanderen. It was a truly exciting race. There was sun, rain, snow, hail, tons of crashes, and the biggest race in Belgium was won by the current Belgium Champion.

Stijn Devolder, powering his way to a solo finish in the Belgium Champion jersey. It doesn't get much better than that.

After the race and some breakfast Robin and I went out for a nice hilly loop on our road bikes. We made sure to hit some brick streets to keep the spirit of the classics alive. It was mostly sunny and very windy and we thoroughly enjoyed it all.

So, a big thanks to those who read this. I have had fun with it, and I hope you have too.

Cheers,
bbb

1 comment:

gpickle said...

Hooray for one year olds! Still young and cute and not yet fussy. That some good Belgian racing action for sure, looking forward to the next 2 biggies.