Sunday, April 27, 2008

Horsin' Around

On Saturday Steve and I met for a medium length mixed road ride. The only goals we had were to ride around four hours and stop by the church in Sharon Center to see some of the Iowa City road race action, and we easily accomplished both.

It was a beautifully sunny day, but unfortunately the winds were blowing out of various westerly directions at about 30+ mph. I actually managed to bring a camera on this ride, but I never took it out. I thought about it a few times, but I generally needed two hands on the handlebar. There were even a few moments where I thought I just might get my bike blown out from under me. But we managed to keep it upright. And I have my lack of pictures to prove it.

We rolled through the finish line ahead of a few dropped riders from an unknown category. We gave the full salute and were welcomed by both fans and officials. We didn't have "official" numbers, though. So don't look for us in any results.

After chatting with a few people and watching Jim Cochran sprint to a second place in the masters division, we enjoyed a healthy dose of tailwind and made our way home.

About that time Robin was buying a horse. Yes, a horse. His name is Steen and I got to go see him today. He was a little nervous in his new place, but I think we all bonded nicely.

Steen wanted to run around, but I was a little tired from yesterday's ride and decided to just snap a few pictures.

1 comment:

gpickle said...

Great photos Brian! It was great riding with you (as always) this weekend and while you did miss a good 2's race I am glad to see you were busy working on quality family time.